ZODB vs. fs Re: [Zope] Announce - Audio Product

Peter Sabaini sabaini@niil.at
Thu, 3 May 2001 18:24:09 +0200 (CEST)

Thats just a matter of trust to me. Ext2 has proven to be stable even
if I did nasty things to it. Ext2 and the tools it comes with has had
a lot more exposure, and a lot more time to mature (and besides
Data.fs sits on top of Ext2, so you have the vulnerabilities of
both, in a single point of failure).

The added features of ZODB sure would be handy sometimes, and yes, the
added bookkeeping is painful, but I simply wouldn't want big amounts
of data in ZODB. Or in a RDBMS, for that matter. Use RDBMS or ZODB for
metadata, keep the bulk in lowtech storage...

ru,
peter.