[Zope] Re: [ANN] zshell: The Zope Shell

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Thu, 3 May 2001 23:02:13 +0200

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 11:48:57AM -0700, Simon Michael wrote:
> Jerome Alet <alet@unice.fr> writes:
> > however it doesn't seem to work with your url. I confirm it works
> > fine at home.
>
> What doesn't work ? I was hacking on it..

It works fine now, sorry.

> > Another thing you've missed is that its powerfulness resides in its
> > ability to deal with multiple commands, that's why the original form
> > was a textarea, e.g.:
>
> Didn't miss it, just preferred a text input because it reduces my
> mousing effort in netscape. I tweaked your code to allow multiple
> commands on a line (at http://zwiki.org/TestPage).

I've seen and I'll probably include it in the main code.

> What do you think about adding a "Run Zshell Commands" permission as
> an extra level of configurability for this mode of interaction ?

No problem, just tell me how to do that, I'm not a Zope permission master
at all.

FYI I've rewritten the little thing as an external method,
here's what works now:

	cd, pwd
	ls
	cp, mv, rm
	cut, copy, paste
	import
	restart
	pack
	save, discard (versions, but still untested)
	chown (even with -R, doesn't work yet but I'm on it just now)

I expect to have the man command work tomorrow or later this evening,
as well as some more commands, and then I'll upload it somewhere for
people to test.

Note to DC folks: if only manage_restart didn't redirected to
manage_main but to URL0 !!!

bye,

Jerome Alet