[Zope] Zope as Portal Server

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Fri, 4 May 2001 02:34:36 +0200

> Was researching something for work and was curious if anyone had any
thoughts as to how ZOPE could be used as a PORTAL SERVER?

> Portals being all the craze(!) in the enterprise-land - seems as if ZOPE
or even cooler a "vertical" version of ZOPE geared towards specifically the
needs of deploying and maintaining an Enterprise portal...

> Any thoughts on the topic? or on the topic of ZOPE in the enterprise? or
on the topic of Vertical versions of the ZOPE application?

That's one of the things we are trying to build at iuveno now (after finding
out that the "portal" in "Portal Toolkit" meant something else than
"Enterprise Integration Portal").

We already have a couple of ZClass-based implementations for a configurable
portal site, but we are working on porting the stuff to real Python
products.

Joachim.