[Zope] Problem migrating a producto to Zope 2.3

Jorge Ferrer jferrer@germinus.com
Fri, 4 May 2001 13:49:02 +0200

Hi all,

I've developed a product for an Intranet using Zope 2.1 and I'm trying to
migrate to Zope 2.3. Almost everything han gone fine as I haven't used any
advanced feature, but I have some problems with the ZClasses which inherit
from OFS:File.

BTW, the product consists on a container ZClass and several other ZClasses
which represent different types of documents.

Here is what I've done: I installed Zope 2.3.1 on a new machine and
installed my product through a distribution file placed on the products
directory. When I make an instance of the Container ZClass everything goes
well and I can even make instances of some of the other ZClasses. But
everytime I try to make an instance of a ZClass which holds a file (by
inheriting from OFS:File) I get the following error:

===========================
Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: unsliceable object

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 223, in
publish_module
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in publish
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 171, in publish
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
    (Object: HtmlDocumentCreationPage)
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112, in
call_object
    (Object: HtmlDocumentCreationPage)
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line 189, in __call__
    (Object: HtmlDocumentCreationPage)
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line 538, in
__call__
    (Object: HtmlDocumentCreationPage)
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_With.py, line 133, in
render
    (Object: HtmlDocument.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, line 334, in eval
    (Object: HtmlDocument.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
    (Info: HtmlDocument)
  File <string>, line 0, in ?
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZClasses/ZClass.py, line 543, in
createInObjectManager
    (Object: HtmlDocument)
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 265, in _getOb
    (Object: CatalogAware)
TypeError: (see above)

Doew anybody know what it means? How could I solve it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :-)

Jorge