[Zope] [ANN] ZShell 0.1

Jose Soares jose@sferacarta.com
Fri, 04 May 2001 15:07:06 +0200

Jerome Alet wrote:

> On Fri, 4 May 2001, Jose Soares wrote:
>
> > Very interesting Jerome. Maybe we can have also:
> >
> > - grep: to search patterns into documents
> > - find or locate: to recursively search for a document name
> > - sed: to change text in documents
>
> grep and find were planned, I can add sed but I don't know how it works
> though.

Fine. Actually I'm using a version of zopesh implemented by me
with such commands and I find those very useful.
IMHO this is the very powerful of a shell.
The other day I needed to change the words:
<dtml-in "qry.provincie()">
with
<dtml-in "mtd.provincie(reg='ER')">
in a great number of documents
using sed 's/<dtml-in "qry.provincie()">/<dtml-in
"mtd.provincie(reg='ER')">/g' *
I did this job in a while.
Imagine you what hard work searching and changing it by hand.

Jose'