[Zope] [ANN] ZShell 0.1

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Fri, 4 May 2001 10:33:43 -0400

"Jose Soares" <jose@sferacarta.com> wrote:
> Fine. Actually I'm using a version of zopesh implemented by me
> with such commands and I find those very useful.
> IMHO this is the very powerful of a shell.
> The other day I needed to change the words:
> <dtml-in "qry.provincie()">
> with
> <dtml-in "mtd.provincie(reg='ER')">
> in a great number of documents
> using sed 's/<dtml-in "qry.provincie()">/<dtml-in
> "mtd.provincie(reg='ER')">/g' *
> I did this job in a while.
> Imagine you what hard work searching and changing it by hand.

Jose that's great..
Are you going to post the sed code somehere?

Even though I do not know sed very well, I would still love to have it
included in the toolkit. Your exmle alone is rason to learn to use it well.

Is your version a completely separate one from Jerome's or an extension?
Either way, everyone will benefit if you can merge your work asap :-)

ZShells really bring Zope in line with the core Python design philosophy of
interactive command line interpreter. They are a really important exciting
addition to Zope and its Management Interface. Also cuold be connected in
interesting ways to backend Python manipulation of Zope [live using ZEO].

I look forwards to having ZShell scripting .. any ideas how to do this
right?

today's top 10  wishlist-->

1. grep
2. find
3. history
4. pipes
5. if then loops
6. while do
7. environment variables
8. regular expressions
9. .zsh scripts
10 .zrc config

./Jason
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS['Interactive Art and Technology']