[Zope] [ANN] ZShell 0.1

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Fri, 4 May 2001 17:03:26 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Jason Cunliffe wrote:

> "Jose Soares" <jose@sferacarta.com> wrote:
> > using sed 's/<dtml-in "qry.provincie()">/<dtml-in
> > "mtd.provincie(reg='ER')">/g' *
> > I did this job in a while.
> > Imagine you what hard work searching and changing it by hand.
>
> Is your version a completely separate one from Jerome's or an extension?
> Either way, everyone will benefit if you can merge your work asap :-)

good idea, any help is welcome.

> today's top 10  wishlist-->
>
> 1. grep
> 2. find
> 3. history
> 4. pipes
> 5. if then loops
> 6. while do
> 7. environment variables
> 8. regular expressions
> 9. .zsh scripts
> 10 .zrc config

the itseasiertodointhisorder list seems to be different...

What I need to know from ZShell users is:

Do you prefer that grep and/or sed work on the main content only or also
on properties for each object ? It's not evident what I should do.

Does someone already have a shell expansion routine, which behaves like
bash for example ? What I lack most is how to explode the command line
taking care of quotes, the rest I know how to do.

Do you prefer for the history to be stored as a property of the root
folder, a property of each different folder in which you use zshell, or as
an external file ?

Same question for .zrc

Pipes will be somewhat difficult because my output is very HTML centric...
and because pipes are pipes :-(

Do you want ls to stay simple and use find when you want complicated
things or do you want both ls and find to be complicated ? (I already know
the answer)

Doing .zsh scripts I don't know how, neither do I for "if", "for" and
"while"

Do you want to be able to set environnement variables ? Is it possible or
not ? If yes, I don't know, so any help is appreciated.

Do you want for zshell to reuse the user's preferences in ZMI (width,
height) for its textarea ?

What I would like to do is a su command, but don't know how.

Current plan is:

Partly in CVS:
	lsprop, delprop, addprop, chgprop
	mkver, delver, loginv, logoutv

This week-end I hope:
	history
	environment variables
	grep, sed, find
	export, exportxml

The Secret Ideas for next week (if possible at all) :

	su
	python

Do you see other things you need ?

bye,