[jerome: Re: [Zope] [ANN] ZShell 0.1]

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Fri, 4 May 2001 21:27:23 +0200

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

Sorry, forgotten the CC to the list.

Jerome Alet
--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 21:25:35 +0200
From: Jerome Alet <jerome>
To: Simon Michael <simon@joyful.com>
Subject: Re: [Zope] [ANN] ZShell 0.1

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 11:46:21AM -0700, Simon Michael wrote:

> woa! The new features sound cool.  Why did you switch to an external
> method, as a matter of interest ?

to be able to access all the needed standard modules, especially re,
even if it's not used yet, as well as having a full access to Python
power.

> I think simpler is better for now. But, now that you mention it, how
> about
>
> - "name=value" sets attribute "name" of the current folder
> - "$name" returns the value of attribute name
> - also "some/path/name = value", "$(some/path/name)"

What a nice idea !

> and then perhaps
>
> - treat objects as folders, whose contents are their attributes. If an
> object or folder is used as a scalar as above, get or set it's
> "primary value"

I don't think I'll do that because it's confusing what the behaviour
of some methods would be then.

bye,

Jerome Alet

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm--