[Zope] Zope as Portal Server

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Sat, 5 May 2001 13:04:15 -0400

On 5 May 2001, at 9:02, dave@kovach.com wrote:

> Thats exactly what I am speaking of - I havent read on Novell's work, but
> so many players are entering the mini-application and gadget arena in terms
> of portals.. its either gonna be a really big thing or something that goes
> bust in the conceptual stage first.
>
> Need to build these "gadgets" in Python/xml and open up the Zope system to
> interface with any system on the planet... to view/process/edit/manipulate
> its data...

Novell's portal services uses servlets, I've created a gadget for NPS in Jython. It works.
Also, NPS requires that gadgets return data as XML. The final output is created using a
stylesheet that depends on the client's browser capability..

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements