[Zope] is ZEO the answer?

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
07 May 2001 13:46:46 -0600

On 07 May 2001 11:10:35 -0700, Erik Myllymaki wrote:
> I would like to publish my Zope site internally (Intranet) via HTTP AND
> externally via HTTPS (Internet). Should I be looking at ZEO or another
> option? Using on HTTPS server for both would be the easiest, but the
> intranet use is pretty heavy and I don't want to incure the overhead of SSL
> on what doesn't need to be encrypted.
>
> Thanks in advance,

In theory, yes. Looking at www.zope.org, there is clearly a means by
which you can find out what Zeo Client you are connecting to.

Thus, in theory, you could set up an access rule that checked to see if
you were connecting to the external-zeo-client, and if so do rewrites to
use https via the means that have been listed here and on the
www.zope.org website.

... then again, this is theory....

Theoretically-ly-y'rs Bill