[Zope] is ZEO the answer?

Tue, 08 May 2001 13:41:38 +0100

On Mon, 7 May 2001 11:10:35 -0700, "Erik Myllymaki"
<erik@pacific-shores.com> wrote:

>I would like to publish my Zope site internally (Intranet) via HTTP AND
>externally via HTTPS (Internet). Should I be looking at ZEO or another
>option? Using on HTTPS server for both would be the easiest, but the
>intranet use is pretty heavy and I don't want to incure the overhead of =
SSL
>on what doesn't need to be encrypted.
>
>Thanks in advance,

Another option is to use a single Zope, located on the intranet.
Internal users connect direct, using http.

On the internet use Apache to provide the https layer, and using
mod_rewrite to fetch pages from the internal back-end server using
http. External users always access Zope via this front-end proxy,
although they cant tell the difference.

You will need to use VirtualHostMonster so that Zope understands about
the different URLs for proxied requests.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com