[Zope] Version Save/Discard doesn't work - any news?

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
9 May 2001 11:16:09 +0200

This morning, I wanted to save a big chunk of changes and noticed that
after doing "Save", changed documents were still marked with the red
diamond and that outside the version, the base folder suddenly gave a
key error. Undoing the save luckily restored the status quo, and so it
was time to hunt the Zope.org site for information.

I noticed that similar behaviour has been reported a couple of times
last year on the mailing lists, and except for a very old instance I
never saw a response from an "official" on what can cause this, what
one can do to prevent this, and whether this will be fixed, ever.

The work-around I picked up from previous reports (packing the database
and retrying) worked beautifully in my case, but is generally not
acceptable: we host a lot of websites on this system, our dealers are
constantly building/modifying customer sites and I'm only dimly aware of
when they are busy. It is of course not very nice that every time
I want to save a version, I have to kill their undo history by
packing the DB (I usually don't pack the DB, and if I do at +30 days).

So:
1. Is this a problem that can be avoided in some way?
2. Will it be fixed?

Regards,

Cees