[Zope] Accessing ZSQL Methods from outside Zope

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Wed, 9 May 2001 11:48:18 -0400

On 8 May 2001, at 20:29, Richard Moon wrote:

> I've got a Zope site (www.tunedb.org) with a MySQL backend and a load of
> data. People are asking me if they can connect to that database (read-only)
> somehow, perhaps using the SQL queries I have already set up, or perhaps by
> writing their own queries and accessing MySQL directly.
>
> Has anyone done anything like this ? Can you point me in the right
> direction ?

I have an IE "single-page web application" that uses ADO 2.6 to download recordsets in
XML format from Zope.

I have an extension that converts the results of an SQL Method into an ADO recordset.

I suppose you could do something similar.. Just deliver the data in whatever format they
need, like plain XML.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements