[Zope] MailHost on Windows NT?

Nitin Borwankar nitin@borwankar.com
Wed, 09 May 2001 15:49:21 -0700

Just guessing here, but it sounds like one of the following -

a) you may have an inadvertent "localhost" in your configuration
b) your mail configuration may be seeing host.domain.com instead of domain.com  or vice-versa
c)  your host may have 2 different IP addresses (one internal non-routable 192.168.a.b , 10.0.c.d and one externally visible)
     this may be causing DNS errors.

AFAIK, the error msg is saying that the SMTP server doesn't recognize the hostname you are using to address
the host on which the SMTP server resides (or something closely equivalent).

Nitin Borwankar
President and CEO, Borwankar Research Inc.
ntin@borwankar.com
510-653-8394