[Zope] Some mathematical problems ...

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Thu, 10 May 2001 10:24:43 +0200

Hello ...
I don't know if I can explain it clear enough but here goes:
I am trying to update to values in a database. The values are a priority
number, used to sort a list by. My code looks like this:

<dtml-call expr="sqlUpdateServerAbove(id=id, priority=priority+1,
ServerNetid=ServerNetid, oldpriority=_.int(REQUEST.oldpriority)-1)">

The id-variable and the priority-variable comes from another sql-query and
works just fine.
The ServerNetid-variable and the oldpriority-variable are passed from a form.
Now when this script is called it updates the record that comes from the
other sql-query, but not the record that comes from the form (the best
explanation I can come up with).
So I guess it is because the oldpriority=_.int(REQUEST.oldpriority)-1)
doesn't work.
The values (before the <dtml-call>-statement is:
id=1
priority=1
ServerNetid=2
oldpriority=2

When the script has been called the values are:
id=1
priority=2
ServerNetid=2
priority=2 (and this should be 1)