[Zope] ZServer Must Be Continually Re-Started: my Method to stop zope dead:

Ben Ocean zope@thewebsons.com
Fri, 11 May 2001 05:12:39 -0700

At 10:57 AM 5/11/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>This thread is going around since several years now (and zope version).
>I am aware of this problem because I encounter it since zope 0.9.xxx (or was
>   it 1.0.xx??) :-); and I would love to have a solution...
>I only use zope basic functionality: Zserver + one postgreSQL adapter
>   (Zpopyda at this time) and use some external methods , also some mailhost
>   object. No Zclass or fancy products.
>
>I am personally thinking that ONE of the problem is that there is no
>   time-out on the Zserver socket, I think that if for some reason a request
>   get stuck, the thread is never released. If you use all the thread pool,
>   your server doesn't reply anymore.

Would this cause the server to quit, as if I had entered the command
./stop? Also, I could write a cron script that checks to see if Zope is
alive and if not re-starts it, and I could run that script every minute if
I wanted to, but that seems like a waste of resources and just plain silly.
Any better ideas?
BenO