[Zope] xmlrpc slowness

Fri, 11 May 2001 16:40:18 +0100

On Fri, 11 May 2001 17:06:52 +0200, magnus/Websys@websys.no wrote:

>We're busy developing an application that uses Zope for its presentation=
=20
>layer.  To communicate with the 'business logic' Java layer, we use =
xml-rpc=20
>with Zope as the client.

How much data are you marshalling?=20

>It works fine, but seems to be slightly slow.  Each and every xml-rpc=20
>transaction takes appx. 3/10 of a second.  I have installed sgmlop, and =
that=20
>improved matters (from 7/10 of a second) - can anyone suggest how to =
make=20
>further improvements?

Ive been using xmlrpc with parameters and return values that involve
lists with 1000's of elements - 300ms is not unreasonable. If you are
marshalling smaller things then it should be faster.

>I haven't done any real testing,

Do some. Zope's profiler should give you the answers you need.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com