[Zope] [OT] subject headings/clarification

Nils Kassube lists@kassube.de
Fri, 11 May 2001 23:22:04 +0200

* Charlie Blanchard <charlie@blanchardsite.com> [2001-05-11 18:15]:

> well, i use mutt in order to handle the huge volume of emails.

Good choice :-)

> but i pull mail from my pop3 server into a single folder without
> presorting via procmail as many others do. i like to be able to

Why not? Learning procmail is easier than learning to program
within the Zope framework. If you're smart enough to deal with
Zope than you're smart enough to

        man procmailrc
        man procmailex

If you get a lot of mail, it's worth the time.

> scan the subjects rapidly all in one folder and the only way to
> quickly distinguish which list a particular message pertains to
> is with those _ugly_ _outdated_ _useless_ subject line
> identifiers. it would make my life _much_ less productive if they
> went away...

Nope. First add this line to your .muttrc:

subscribe zope@zope.org

Then see section 4.8, "Handling Mailing Lists" in the Mutt manual:

--cut--
Now that Mutt knows what your mailing lists are, it can do several
things, the first of which is the ability to show the name of a list
through which you received a message (i.e., of a subscribed list) in the
index menu display.
--cut--

Cheers,
Nils