[Zope] ODBC DSN file

Menard.Jean-Francois@hydro.qc.ca Menard.Jean-Francois@hydro.qc.ca
Mon, 14 May 2001 12:02:41 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0DC8F.4E1E0C40

Thanks Thomas, good idea.  I will use LocalFS to list all the files in =
my
directory.

All I need, is a way to change the DSN parameters on the fly to point =
to the
needed Excel file.  I don't want to create 100 DSN!!!  That's why I =
wonder
if Zope can use File DSN instead of Sytem or User DSN.

Maybe there would be a way to import my Excel sheets without ODBC?  I =
need
them the way they are, not in CSV  format or anything...

But again, thanks for the tip!

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Thomas B. Passin [mailto:tpassin@mitretek.org]
Envoy=E9 : lundi 14 mai 2001 11:45
=C0 : zope@zope.org
Objet : Re: [Zope] ODBC DSN file

[Menard.Jean-Francois@hydro.qc.ca>]

I created an ODBC System DSN, and it work fine.  But I have about
100 excel files, and I would like to develop an interface with a =
dropdown
list with all the excel files in my directory, choose one, and import =
it.

Any ideas how I could do that?  I tried to create a File DSN, but
Zope doesn't seem to detect it. With such a connection, I could change =
the
connection string into the DSN file when needed.

[Tom]
If you always know where the files are located, you could use the =
LocalFS
product.  Or you could write a simple python external method.

Cheers,

Tom P

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0DC8F.4E1E0C40

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: [Zope] ODBC DSN file</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks Thomas, good idea.&nbsp; I will use LocalFS to =
list all the files in my directory.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>All I need, is a way to change the DSN parameters on =
the fly to point to the needed Excel file.&nbsp; I don't want to create =
100 DSN!!!&nbsp; That's why I wonder if Zope can use File DSN instead =
of Sytem or User DSN.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Maybe there would be a way to import my Excel sheets =
without ODBC?&nbsp; I need them the way they are, not in CSV&nbsp; =
format or anything...</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>But again, thanks for the tip!</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-----Message d'origine-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>De : Thomas B. Passin [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:tpassin@mitretek.org">mailto:tpassin@mitretek.org</A>]</F=

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Envoy=E9 : lundi 14 mai 2001 11:45</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>=C0 : zope@zope.org</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Objet : Re: [Zope] ODBC DSN file</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>[Menard.Jean-Francois@hydro.qc.ca&gt;]</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I created an ODBC System DSN, and it work fine.&nbsp; =
But I have about</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>100 excel files, and I would like to develop an =
interface with a dropdown</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>list with all the excel files in my directory, =
choose one, and import it.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Any ideas how I could do that?&nbsp; I tried to =
create a File DSN, but</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Zope doesn't seem to detect it. With such a =
connection, I could change the</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>connection string into the DSN file when =
needed.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>[Tom]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>If you always know where the files are located, you =
could use the LocalFS</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>product.&nbsp; Or you could write a simple python =
external method.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Cheers,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Tom P</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>_______________________________________________</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Zope maillist&nbsp; -&nbsp; Zope@zope.org</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2><A =
HREF=3D"http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope" =

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>**&nbsp;&nbsp; No cross posts or HTML =
encoding!&nbsp; **</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>(Related lists - </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;<A =
HREF=3D"http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce" =
A></FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;<A =