[Zope] ZExternalNews crashing things for my Connection

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 18:03:29 +0200

I installed ZExternalNews and set up a couple of Managers in a test folder.
Restarting Zope with -D in the DOS propmt, this is the first two lines:

ZExternalNewsManager AutoUpdate started, will awake every 15 minutes.
ZExternalNewsManager AutoUpdate started, will awake every 15 minutes.

And after the usual info about hostname and such, this error message is
printed:

2001-05-14T15:32:04 ERROR(200) ZODB Couldn't load state for
'\000\000\000\000\0
0\002\243['
Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\ZODB\Connection.py, line 477, in setstate
AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'load'

Zope works. And it is difficult to know if it's slowed or not because it's
"too fast" here on my localhost.
The errormessage comes from the Zope component lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py

Do you have any ideas why this is so? Is it bad? What to do?

If you need more details, tell me and I shall try. The usual:
Zope Version  Zope 2.3.0 (binary release, python 1.5.2, win32-x86)
Python Version  1.5.2 (#0, Jul 30 1999, 09:52:18) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]
System Platform  win32