[Zope] Session Tracking w/ login management?

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 14:12:22 -0400

Core session tracking will likely not be a default part of the access
control system in any Zope release.  The purpose of the session tracking
system as it exists is to associate state between requests for *anonymous*
users.  This isn't to say that making use of the sessioning machinery for an
auth system wouldn't be useful, it's just unlikely that DC will make a user
folder implementation that makes any use of it... it's likely that someone
else will, though...

You can do the things you've asked about without loginmanager or session
tracking... for instance, Zope.org uses a modified version of the UserDB
user folder to allow folks to "go back to where they came from" after
logging in, and to redirect folks to a login screen when they're trying to
access a resource to which they don't have access.  You might want to ask
how this is done on the "zope-web" maillist.

- C