[Zope] ParsedXML performance (was: Squishdot News)

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Tue, 15 May 2001 01:37:28 +0200

> > (Does Zope 2.3.2+ ship with a fast XML parser? If so, what's it called
> > and where do I import it from?)

Just because you mentioned "fast": Am I doing any thing wrong, or is
ParsedXML extremely slow? The tests I did were not really reliable, but even
with a fast Pentium III machine (800 MHz, a lot of RAM), switching between
the edit view and the DOM view can take a couple of seconds for me. And
that's for really simple, ten-line test XML documents. O.k., that's why you
call it "parsed": it has to parse the DOM tree in realtime. But still I
expected much better performance ...

Joachim