[Paolo Comitini <pcm@mixadlive.com>] Fwd: [Zope] Postgresql Adaptors

Federico Di Gregorio fog@mixadlive.com
16 May 2001 00:51:25 +0200

i just wanted to inform you that psycopg correctly convert dates into
DateTime (mxDateTime to be exact) objects. it also has a modular
type-casting system that allow for user-defined casting objects. if
you're interested: http://initd.org/Software/psycopg/

ciao,
federico

Subject: [Zope] Postgresql Adaptors
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 12:47:09 -0300
From: "Alex" <alex@quad.com.ar>
To: <zope@zope.org>

I'm migrating some code that uses ZMySQLDA to ZPoPY, and just figured out
that ZPoPY does not convert datetime fields to time objects when I select
them. Is there any pgsql adaptor for zope that does this convertion?
(zmysqlda does it) I thought all database adaptors had some kind of
standards, like data type conversion, but it doesn't look like this is the
case.

--
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE Chief of Research & Technology              fog@mixadlive.com