[Zope] Problem with Automatic Cataloging Example in ZopeBook

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Tue, 15 May 2001 23:34:39 -0500

Chris McDonough wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Hmmm... I haven't tried this, but I'm afraid I believe you.  :-( Are you
> saying that anything that is a property of an instance of a ZClass is
> not indexed in the catalog?  Does this happen with any particular type
> of ZClass properties or only a certain kind?  What if you add a
> PythonScript (with no parameters) to a ZClass as a method and make it
> return a string?

> > I've been running in some problems with Cataloging and went to the
> > ZopeBook to see whats wrong.
> > In trying to work through the examples in Chapter 9, Automatic
> > Cataloging, I found that with the latest and greatest Zope 2.3.2, the
> > Catalog fails to acquire and catalog the properties of my
> > NewsItem. Just to verify that I am not doing something very stupid
> > wrong, I went through the same exercise with an old Zope 2.2.1 I had
> > lying around.  No problem there, the Catalog looks as expected.
> > Has anybody else run into this or a similar problem?  Is it a bug in
> > the ZOpeBook in ZOpe or in my (unplugged) brain?
> >
> > Any help appreciated,

Chris & Christian,
Details are needed. I'll ask the obvious. Is your NewsItem
Catalogaware? If not, then is it failing with a manual update?

I just (last 2-3 days) referred to 'The Book' about some
cataloging issues and found it to be very helpful.  I am indexing
ZClass properties too.  I have not used a Python Script to return
an item to index yet though. This is using 2.3.2 as well.

--
Tim Cook, President - FreePM,Inc.
http://www.FreePM.com Office: (731) 884-4126