[Zope] SQLSession occasionally dying?

Paz paz@chello.nl
Wed, 16 May 2001 08:06:41 +0200

Greetings,

Since Zope-222, I have been using SQLSession for all sorts of things... I
really like using it because you can compile all sorts of user-site
interaction by the session id. But with my latest app, using Zope-232 and
PoPy201, I've noticed that once in a while, I get SESSION key errors
denoting that a key is not being accessed. I modified the sqlCreateSession
method to write the HTTP_REFERRER into every new session. I have noticed
here that when I get the key error, a new session is trying to be written
and the refferer field is filled with the last page that I access. But my
errors still come because I set session data once at the beginning that
needs not be added again.

My question is this: Is there something in either Zope232, SQLSession (umm..
030?) PoPy201, ZPoPY that would cause the session to get lost somehow? It
seems that all of a sudden, a new session has taken over, but how is this
possible?

This represents an instability that I cannot accept in the current site
development because it leaves users clueless as to what is happening, and
support calls get made when someone only needs to close the browser and
start a new session.... from the beginning.

Thanks in advance,
Paz