[Zope] SPAM! (was Zope Survey)

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Fri, 18 May 2001 09:42:22 +0100

On 18/5/01 8:49 am, "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote:

> Did anyone else get the following message?
>
> I got it twice and am really fucking pissed off! Since when did DC start
> spamming people?
> I hope this new CEO isn't going to mark DC becoming a bunch of commercial
> arseholes who think this is a way to communicate with people.
>
> I would encourage anyone who got this to report it on spamcop.net.
>
> Chris
> (can you tell I don't like spam?!)
>
> Zope Survey wrote:
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> During the last year you visited Zope.org and we are asking your help
>> today to understand how we can serve you better in the future. Digital
>> Creations, the creators of Zope, would like your input on future product
>> enhancements, how to build a stronger Zope community, and additional
>> services you may need.

Chris,
Calm down.

As far as I can see, this is an email sent to those people who signed up at
Zope.org. Apart from the email sent a while ago telling people that old
accounts on Zope.org would be purged this is the only email I (think) I've
ever got from some automated system from Zope or DC.

I would hope that this email has been sent only to those people who did say
they were still interested in having their Zope space kept open and by doing
this, it seems DC have *deliberately tried* not to send extraneous spam.

The survey is very small, and seems to be targetted at finding out what it
is people want from Zope and DC, both now and in the future. Personally, I'm
glad they did it this way, and not by asking for open-ended comment on the
list (can you imagine the traffic levels then?).

What we have with Zope and DC troops is a very valuable resource - I *know*
we couldn't continue without this software. I'd advise people to fill in the
survey, let DC know what they want, and try to make this whole thing better.

Here's a URL that the survey engine gave me to pass onto interested parties;

http://www.digicool.com/IZS/ZS925095/survey

And please people, *don't* report this email from DC to spamcop!!

Tone (who is totally icebox and relaxed at the moment).
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140