[Zope] SPAM! (was Zope Survey)

Pierre-Julien Grizel grizel@mouli.net
Fri, 18 May 2001 14:49:59 +0200

Chris Withers wrote:

> Tony McDonald wrote:
> >
> > As far as I can see, this is an email sent to those people who signed up at
> > Zope.org. Apart from the email sent a while ago telling people that old
> > accounts on Zope.org would be purged this is the only email I (think) I've
> > ever got from some automated system from Zope or DC.
>
> Me too, but this was a very commercial feeling mail which is why it set off
> alarm bells ;-)
>
> > I would hope that this email has been sent only to those people who did say
> > they were still interested in having their Zope space kept open and by doing
> > this, it seems DC have *deliberately tried* not to send extraneous spam.
>
> Hmmm... Oleg got 5 copies, I got 2, that suggests hoovered email addresses from
> mailing list postings rather than email addresses from zope.org membership, for
> example, but perhaps someone from DC can enlighten us?

Hi Chris,

I've had 2 emails, none of them with my Zope mailing-list subscription email
address. So...

Anyaway - sure DC should have been more careful about posting such a message.
Maybe they should have advertise people (ie in the mailing list or news item)
that they'd be sending a survey query.

But, never mind. I did answer the survey.

Regards,

P.-J.