[Zope] Re: [Zope-CMF] CMFTopic problem, passing args in DTML, or just brain damage?

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Fri, 18 May 2001 17:51:54 -0400

marc lindahl wrote:

> If I create a CMFTopic in the root called 'list', why does this work:
>
> http://servername.com/list?Subject=something
>
> ...giving me whatever my criterion is, narrowed by matching
> Subject='something'
>
> ...when calling the thing in DTML:
>
> list(_.None,_,Subject='something')
>
> doesn't seem to recognize the parameter?  (and, I've tried many variations,
> wrapping with a dtml-with, passing 'list' instead of _ or _.None, passing a
> dict {'Subject':'something'}, all the same result)
>
> what am I missing?

That signature is the signature of a DTML Method;  your 'list' object
is a Topic, which isn't directly callable.  Try:

  <dtml-in expr="list.queryCatalog( Subject='something' )">

Tres.