[Zope] Zope on Windows2000

Antwan Reijnen antwan@dexus.nl
Sat, 19 May 2001 14:01:49 +0200

Hi all,

how does Zope work on Windows2000? Due to sudden "political and
strategical" reasons, the operating system of choise for a large worldwide
community site will be windows2000... (Microsoft visited some high
governement official lately...)

However, an existing website already exists, and is build in Zope... Now we
have to choose for reimplementing the entire site using all Microsoft
technology, or installing Zope on a Windows2000 server.

Of course, I don't want Zope to blame, when the server goes down because of
windows or has some windows-related securityholes in it... What is your
experience with Zope on Windows2000?

Some background: the site I am talking about is likely to be hacked by
war-criminals... It is going to be the worldwide website for Sercurity,
Peace and Justice (seated in and hosted by "Den Hague, Legal Capital") Some
events in the past, where war-criminals hacked sites which contained the
"wrong" publicity material makes me believe that... Furthermore, the site
will be very large in terms of all kind of content, delivered by many
participants. It is believed, and the intention that the site will serve
many visitors from all around the world...

So: what should I do? Rely on all-microsoft technology, run Zope on
Windows2000, or forget about Zope in the first place for such a tricky
project ?

I apreciate any thoughts on this...

Thanks a lot! Greetings, Antwan.