[Zope] Finding virtual objects in dtml namespace

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Sun, 20 May 2001 11:05:38 +0000 (UTC)

Inside my python I give people the ability to use dtml to change the
output layout of the object however I want to give them the ability to do
that with the management pages also.

lets say I have an object foo and all objects have a
manage_inline_edit_form method. I want to be able to do preferably
<dtml-var foo> and be able to change the namespace such that it calls foos
manage_inline_edit_form. Another acceptable way would be for something
like <dtml-var editfoo> to call the manage_inline_edit_form of the object
foo. The main caveat for something like this is I need these items to
still draw correctly when put in the layout so I think it needs to be a
namespace change rather then changing the rendering of the object itself
by default.

What are possible ways to do this?

Thanks

Designing the webpages of tomorrow http://webme-eng.com