[Zope] Q: Verifying the poll numbers

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 07:22:33 -0400

Howdy folks.  AndyM is running a poll over at ZopeZen:

  http://www.zopezen.org/
  (Look at the bottom of the left margin)

< spoiler warning>

Before reading the rest of this message, please vote.  I
don't want to bias your response.  And don't peek at the
results before you vote!

</spoiler warning>

OK, on to the discussion.  Are those numbers *really* accurate?  I gotta
admit, though I've had a soft spot in my heart for the Zope Studio
thing, I'm stunned that it would be in front.  Much less so *far* in
front.  Are these results an accurate reading of the sentiments -- that
given the list of choices Andy presented, a Zope Studio is so much more
popular than those choices!?!

Wow.  Let's try a different tack.  Pretend there was a for-free Zope
Studio and a for-fee Zope Studio.  Let's say the difference was either
like ActiveState's difference (personal use vs. professional use), or
say the difference was in "Professional" capabilities.

Does anyone think there would be any moderate-sized market for a for-fee
version?  How many of you would pay a few hundred bucks for a
high-quality dev/authoring/admin environment for Zope?

--Paul