[Zope] Q: Verifying the poll numbers

luke tymowski luke@seeto.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 07:49:27 -0400

Hello Paul,

> Does anyone think there would be any moderate-sized market for a for-fee
> version?  How many of you would pay a few hundred bucks for a
> high-quality dev/authoring/admin environment for Zope?

I think so. While I don't usually like anything from Microsoft, I was
very impressed by their upcoming .NET Visual Studio. The IDE is
beautiful and is a programmer's delight.

I would pay for one. However, if it cost several hundred US I probably
wouldn't buy one for personal use. But, at work, where I can now use
Zope as part of my job, I could get away with ordering a copy.

I would love to hear what Randall Kern has to say on the subject. He's
the primary developer at Spoke.net, answers questions here, and, more
importantly, in a previous life, he was a developer on the Microsoft
Visual Studio team.

Luke