[Zope] Q: Verifying the poll numbers

Mon, 21 May 2001 08:46:18 -0700

Agreed. This would enable me to at least treat my TTW code and my on-disk
stuff (Python products, ext. methods) roughly the same and use tools I am
already used to using for IDE use; that is not to say that I wouldn't want
an IDE, but that I am willing to wait.  Zope already has a one up in terms
of development ease over other competing popular development technologies
like Java, because there is no compilation involved to get a my python code
working (and there are no other big steps if using the 'refresh' product to
reload products).

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Martijn Faassen [mailto:faassen@vet.uu.nl]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 8:30 AM
To: Paul Everitt
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Q: Verifying the poll numbers

[Zope IDE or not]

Another comment:

A project much more interesting than a Zope IDE to me was discussed at the
Python conference: mirroring Zope objects onto the filesystem
(and a good API for developers to add such support to their own
products). This would enable things like grep, cvs, your favorite
editor, etc, and probably also a mass of desires people would like an IDE
for would be taken care of. It could also form the basis of IDE projects
later
on.

Regards,

Martijn