[Zope] Prerequisites for a desktop IDE, or any desktop app w/ Zope

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Mon, 21 May 2001 14:41:32 -0500

sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:

> The recent IDE thread has sort of got me thinking about my ideal vision of
> what Zope could do for and be to developers in the future, so perhaps my
> I'm currently doing a bit of playing around with wxPython, which reminds me
> a lot of my days programming with the Borland OWL class libraries, so I
> might be partial to such a solution using wxPython instead of tkinter (tcl
> interpreter - blech!  motif-style widgets - yuck!).  An IDE built with a
> decent (modern) widget set / UI class library, with extended toolkit
> functions, like data-bound controls, might make for an interesting
> user-extensible means of creating custom-tweaked IDEs, not to mention other
> desktop software that accesses Zope...

Sean,
I am on my way out and do not have time to fully read everything
you have here. But I did want to let you (and other interested
members) know that we have committed to a GUI for FreePM.  In
taht vein, I can commit us to contributing to this project to
help build that infrastucture.  It sounds like we have a lot of
the same ideas.

Why don't you head this up and start coordination? I'll get back
with you later this week.

Cheers,
--
Tim Cook, President - FreePM,Inc.