[Zope] (no subject)

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 08:11:52 -0600

Andreas Wandel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to python !
>
> I want to pass an argument to an external method. The argument is an
> dtml document (more precisely: the content of the document).
> I tried this:
>
> <dtml-var ExternalMethod(<dtml-var DtmlDocument>)>

You cannot nest dtml tags inside one another like that. If you want to
pass the rendered content of a DTML document to the method use:

<dtml-var expr="ExtMethod(DTMLDocument(_.None,_))">

The weird arguments to the Document are used to pass the namespace to
the document. If you want to just pass the whole document object, you
can just use:

<dtml-var expr="ExtMethod(DTMLDocument)">

> This produces a "parse error". I guess there have to be some quotes or
> brackets - but where?
>
> Thank's in advance
>
> Andreas

hth