[Zope] Vote for Windowing Toolkit to use for Fat Client

Alastair Burt burt@dfki.de
22 May 2001 16:37:36 +0200

Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> writes:

> A couple of us here at NIP are playing around with building a fat client for
> Zope

What is a fat client?

On a related note (I think?), how hard would it be to build a Groove-like
system with ZEO?  I have never used Groove, but it sounds like a useful
groupware tool for everyman.  If the basis of Groove is incremental
synchronisation of shared databases, then ZEO seems to offer similar
functionality, especially if it encrypted the synchronisation protocol,
which is what you, Chris, mentioned doing in a previous post.

--- Alastair