[Zope] ARGH !! SQLSession!

Paz paz@chello.nl
Tue, 22 May 2001 19:05:13 +0200

Hi,

We do in fact use a separate dbase connection for zsession and
zsession_data. I've never had a problem with it either (on 6 different Zope
installations and sites), until now. I think I have a good idea of where to
start debugging, but I need this fundamental question answered first:

Scenario A:
A dbase thread dies, or a pool is allowed to run away (see that there are 15
postmaster threads running after a while). If a thread will bug out and
disallow a connection, will SQLSession respond in error, or shouldn't you
get a dbase connection error?

Scenario B:
PoPy201 and Postgres703 are multi-threaded, though SQLSession is on a
separate dbase connection, should it not be on a separate dbase altogether?
Is there a way that I can look further into this threading issue?

Thanks for you help,
Paz

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Brad
Clements
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 6:33 PM
To: Paul Zwarts; Zope
Subject: Re: [Zope] ARGH !! SQLSession!

On 22 May 2001, at 17:12, Paul Zwarts wrote:

From:           	"Paul Zwarts" <paz@oratrix.com>
> I am using the SQLsession product to use environment settings that are
> invisible to the user and sensitive to the session.
>
> Every so often without fail I get a KeyError about a session parameter. It
> DOES EXIST! Im not sure what to do to look into it. I've used SQLSession
> reliably in the past and Im confused where to look for the fault.

I've been using SQLSession with Interbase on Linux at 2 sites without any
problems.

SQLSession docs do say to use a distinct database connection for the
SQLSession
object due to threading issues.

Not sure if that's still important or not, but we do assign  a unique
database connection
to the SQLSession object.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements