[Zope] Help for building an intranet

Igor Leturia igor@emun.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 14:48:24 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C0E397.6B0DB080

  Hi everyone!

  I'm a newbie in Zope. So far I have installed and tried Zope, followed =
the tutorial and done a very simple application.

  The problem is I have to make an intranet for my company, as fast as =
possible and as easy to use for the people in my company as possible. I =
want people to be able to add new material to the intranet, but without =
having to upload it in Zope (could be too complicated for them). The =
easiest way would be to let them copy the material to a folder in the =
server's hard disk. Is there any Zope product or add-in that lets me see =
the files of a folder in the hard disk, so I can dynamically arrange a =
menu depending on the files of a folder in the hard disk?

  Also, I would like to restrict the access to these files on the hard =
disk depending on the access rights defined for the files in the local =
hard disk. Is it possible to do this, I mean reading the access rights =
of a file in the hard disk? The operating system is Windows 2000 Server.

  And finally, I would like the users not to have to log in (enter user =
name and password) again in Zope, as they have already logged in the =
domain when switching on the computer. Is it possible to obtain what =
user name the user has logged in the domain with? Again, the operating =
system is Windows 2000 Server.

  Thanks in advance,

                                                Igor Leturia

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C0E397.6B0DB080

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; Hi everyone!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; I'm a newbie in Zope. So far I =
have=20
installed and tried Zope, followed the tutorial and done a very simple=20
application.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; The problem is I have to make an =
intranet=20
for my company, as fast as possible and as easy to use for the people in =
my=20
company as possible. I want&nbsp;people to be able to add new material =
to the=20
intranet, but without having to upload it in Zope (could be too =
complicated for=20
them). The easiest way would be to let them copy the material to a =
folder in the=20
server's hard disk. Is there any Zope product or add-in that lets me see =
the=20
files of a folder in the hard disk, so I can dynamically arrange a menu=20
depending on the files of a folder in the hard disk?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; Also, I would like to restrict =
the access to=20
these files on the hard disk depending on the access rights defined for =
the=20
files in the local hard disk. Is it possible to do this, I mean reading=20
the&nbsp;access rights of a file in the hard disk? The operating system =
is=20
Windows 2000 Server.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; And finally, I would like the =
users not to=20
have to log in (enter user name and password) again in Zope, as they =
have=20
already logged in the domain when switching on the computer. Is it =
possible to=20
obtain what user name the user has logged in the domain with? Again, the =

operating system is Windows 2000 Server.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; Thanks in advance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Igor =
Leturia</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C0E397.6B0DB080--