[Zope] OT: mozilla

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 15:01:25 -0400

--On Wednesday, May 23, 2001 10:37:19 -0500 "Christopher N. Deckard"
<cnd@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:

> Why has no one mentioned Mozilla?  Standards compliant, free,
> supports everything that everyone has mentioned (CSS1, PNG, HTML4.)
> Mozilla is light years beyond any other web browser (with the
> exception of anything that uses Gecko.)   There is also a wrapper
> for Netscape 4 plugins so things like Flash, etc. work.

Because it's brain damaged enough that "view source" always went back to
the server, making tracebacks useless (until the .9 release).

Now, with the .9 release, it sometimes says that it cannot view this
content type when you do "view source". Ugh.

Also, the back button hasn't played well with frames. I've gotten a few
nightlies that did ok, but they almost always regress.

Plus, on linux, at least, middle clicking in a text area means "insert my
content at some random location".

Copying text from anywhere in mozilla and pasting it means "strip all
leading whitespace" which is quite charming when editing python methods.

OTOH, .9 is blazing fast compared w/prior builds, even if libpr0n sometimes
draws odd. Especially in mail/news, which used to be so slow i gave up, it
is extremely fast.

0.9.1 looks like it will be "good enough for me"

and, when(ever) 1.0 lands it will be the most solid 1.0 release in the
history of software ... except maybe for enlightenment (on 0.16 and
climbing).

every-program-expands-until-it-has-it's-own-widget-set-ly y'rs
--
ethan mindlace fremen
zopatista community liason