[Zope] Using Zope for Document Collaboration

Mark Langkau mark.langkau@pbmplus.com
Thu, 24 May 2001 13:47:35 -0500

Thanks Rich!

I think there will be two parts to this:

- Pulling text out of MS-Word  into Zope, and later back into Word
- Allowing multiple editors/authors to work on that extracted text in Zope,
perhaps simultaneoulsy

I started looking at wvWare yesterday for the conversions. It compiles and
works, but I haven't had much time to play with it yet. I was wondering about
XML too.

I just started working with Wiki's today, so I haven't read all of the docs
yet. Do I need to use structured text in a wiki page, or can I paste text with
html tags in there too? If so, I wouldn't have to convert to stx and could save
a step.

I started looking at structured text after watching "The Zope Book" come
together over several months, and I'd like to incorporate that model into our
own documentation process. So, I'm not looking to "avoid" using stx - we will
be using it in other areas.

I suspect that parts of this have been done by "someone" before ;-) If not,
maybe this will be a good excuse for me to learn about making Zope products.

Cheers,
Mark