[Zope] Wiki vs Mailing List

John Hunter jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
25 May 2001 08:35:45 -0500

    Karl> There's no reason to edit in the web browser if you don't
    Karl> want to.  With FTP, you can use whatever editor you prefer.
    Karl> I only use the textarea to make new pages, and only then
    Karl> because I've been too lazy to set up the PUT hook that would
    Karl> remove this.

Here's a put factory tto aid you in your laziness (Still the principle
virtue?) Just add it to /usr/path/to/zope/Extensions/ and add it as an
external method called PUT_factory to your wiki (this one is dtml
enabled, edit to suit your needs)

def PUT_factory( self, name, typ, body ):
       """
          Override the default PUT method to make ZWikiPage the
          default type for ftp uploads
       """
       from Products.ZWiki.ZWikiPage import ZWikiPage
       if typ == 'text/plain':
              ob = ZWikiPage( '', __name__=name )
              ob.page_type = 'structuredtextdtml'
              return ob