[Zope] Re: ZEO Client space was:

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Fri, 25 May 2001 20:16:06 +0200

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 11:39:54AM -0600, Bill Anderson wrote:

> So, you give a user you presumably trust, ssh/ssl access to use ZShell.
> They comment this code out, or the code that even botehrs to check for
> permssion to do anything, and now they now '0WNZ Y0ur z0p3 sist3m'.

Except that in this particular case the user would also have to have
got filesystem write access to the Extensions directory and a
Manager role in /Control_Panel in order for him to be able to
comment out the code and restart Zope, because ZShell
is currently an external method.

Anyway I tend to agree with you, it shouldn't be possible to bypass
the security mechanism.

bye,

Jerome Alet