[Zope] Zope (ZServer) in parallel with Apache

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Sat, 26 May 2001 19:17:41 +0200

> Is it easy enough to run Zope (ZServer, as I understand) directly on port
80
> (without FCGI or PCGI through Apache), with Apache also running directly
on,
> say port 81, and redirect all Apache-related calls to
> file://www.mysite.com:81/... from the Zope site?
>
> Is this as straightforward as it seems? Have others done this?

This seems strange to me. Normally you'd use Apache with mod_proxy and
configure a proxy pass rule to ZServer. Very easy to set up, and very
flexible. On the Zope-end, you need to use SiteRoot to take care of the
virtual server name.

There is a How-To for this at
http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver that is quite useful

Joachim