[Zope] CoreSessionTracking vs. SQLSession

Joh Johannsen jojo@farm9.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 10:33:22 -0700

Chris McDonough wrote:

> > This is CoreSessionTracking without any timeout set.
> >
> > My current understanding of this problem -- it does happen to others
> > (not just me), but is very rare.  The problem is not identified, is not
> > reproducible by any digicool tests.
>
> To be pedantic, it's not "any digicool tests", it's "any Chris McDonough
> tests" (CoreSessionTracking is badly named, I should have thought before
> presuming I could smuggle it into the core in a reasonable amount of
> time ;-).  But yes.  I wrote several complicated test cases which fire
> off a bunch of reader and writer threads and do a funny dance with
> aborts and such, and don't see the problem.  I also tried testing
> manually, and didn't see any of the symptoms being reported.

Whoops, yep, it was that name that confused me (and that email address!)

> > I do have an environment which reproduces the problem within a short
> > time, and would be glad to run any version of CoreSessionTracking that
> > would help identify the problem.
>
> Thank you.   I think my next step is to instrument CST with debugging
> statements that go to the log, and ask someone in the community who is
> having these problems to run it for a while and attempt to associate the
> debug statements with the problems.  I have no ETA for the
> debug-instrumented version.

Thanks, I'd really like this.  I prefer CoreSessionTracking for lots of
reasons (timeout, in memory, garbage collection).  I can live with
SQLSession for a while until then.

Regards,

JJ