[Zope] Zope success-stories -- why you used Zope?

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Wed, 30 May 2001 00:09:39 +0300

Hi all,

I just a moment ago sent a bunch of questions and here are couple of
more, but about different subject. I am doing development of two
intranets at the moment, and the development along some other work is
going to be my thesis to Espoo-Vantaa institute of technology. I would
like to know about other peoples successes with Zope and reasons to
choose Zope as the development platform, possibly even later on to
intervue by email or irc about this issue -- so that I could write with
broader view about choosing Zope. For me and a assume most of the staff
at our institute Zope is not that familiar and therefore it would be
cool to include also notes from other developers why they started
development with this tool and not with Perl, php, Coldfusion,
Webobjects or some other application server.

For me the reasons to use zope were quite clear: easy, powerfull, open
source and even though documentation is hard ( compared to php ) and
Python was not familiar, learning curve has been amazing. For me it
really seems that Zope rocks!

-huima