[Zope] ObjectManager problem

Max Møller Rasmussen maxm@normik.dk
Wed, 30 May 2001 15:03:38 +0200

> From: Erik Enge [mailto:erik@thingamy.net]

>I'm not sure.  I got a similar behaviour once when I di osomething like
>this:

>_setObject('id', someclass('anotherid', ''))

>If I recoall correctly, I couldn't see neither of them with
>objectIds() but I couldn't add 'id' or 'anotherid' either.  Or something
>like that. =20

Yeah but my ID's are identical. So It cannot be that.

>It certainly doesn't look like that's your problem...  I don't know :)

Well it is, sort of, as I have spend the last 6 hours trying out solutions
to the problem. And now I am sort of run dry.

I don't know how many times this has happened for me when programming in
zope. In simpler systems like asp and php I would know how to make a
workaround. But if there is a hurdle in Zope you are just stuck. And if the
problem isn't rather simple there is no help from neither the mailing list
nor #zope.

This is Zope's biggest problem for me. You need to know the whole system to
make even simple things.

Well that isn't your fault, I just had to let out some steam.

regards Max M