[Zope] ZEO start.py fails to start ZSS on Debian...

Wed, 30 May 2001 08:22:24 -0700

Well, it now works on my with the source release, so my ZSS is built off the
source release, and my ZEO Clients are all Debian deb-packaged Zope
installs.  Seems like a fair compromise; I will debug it though, and send a
not of my findings to the Debian package maintainer for Zope; hopefully a
fix can be found.

Does anyone know why it might work on Intel deb, but not on SPARC deb?
Debian uses an auto-build system to build source for multiple platforms even
though a given package maintainer may only build the packages on one.  I
wonder why this would cause what look to be identical installs (for the most
part, same Zope, same python, same libc6) to act differently?

Hopefully the answer is to debug start.py with the debugger, find out where
my setup causes the except: pass, and attempt to figure out why this is
happening.

Thanks,
Sean