[Zope] Customizing / borrowing code from /manage/ screens

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.fep.ru>
Thu, 31 May 2001 00:59:51 +0400 (MSD)

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Anders Schneiderman wrote:
> I just started playing w/ Zope, and I'm trying to do a simple Intranet site
> to show my bosses what Zope can do.  I like the way Zope handles content
> management through /manage/.  I'd like to use a slightly customized,
> simpler version for our users.  Is there an easy way to do this, either by
> customizing or borrowing existing code?

   It depends on what you want. You can write ZClasses, Products, or just
hack Zope sources.

   ZClasses is "programming with mouse", "visul programming" kind of
things. Very easy, but powerful enough to do many things. Really, I
recommend you to learn ZClasses. It is very easy to customize a ZClass'
management screens.

   Zope Products are really installable components (plugins) written in
Python. They are more powerful (they have access to Zope Product API which
is more cpable than ZClass API) but more complex to learn and program.

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru