[Zope] zope and mod_rewrite

jacob walcik jwalcik@notwithstanding.org
Thu, 31 May 2001 10:14:33 -0500 (CDT)

i was under the impression that you could, as long as a valid service
was answering on that port.  in the VirtualHostMonster i've created, it
says:
If your Zope is running on port 8080, and you want generated URLs not to
include this port number, you must use
"/VirtualHostBase/http/www.foo.com:80".

i have zope running on 8080, and i'd prefer to not have the port in the
url.  if i've interpretted this incorrectly, please let me know.

i'm rather perplexed by this because the <exact> virtual host definition
was working just fine on another machine.  if anyone else out there is
doing something like this (handling virtual hosting of zope sites by
combining apache/mod_rewrite and virtualhostmonsters), could you please
post some of your rewrite rules?