[Zope] a manage_workspace of my own

Jerry McRae Jerry McRae <jerry@usd1.com>
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:16:35 -0800

Hi zope,

My application uses lots of different types of tables.  What I would
really like is a custom public manage_workspace interface to my folders.
I want the cut/copy/paste and 'add' buttons.  I just need the options
to:
1) set my own tabs
2) create my own 'types' for the pull-down add box
3) add a column or two
4) limit and/or sort the contents

I have looked all over and I cannot figure out how to inherit the
manage_workspace logic with a different name and parameters.  This seems
an obvious interface for certain applications, but no one has mentioned
it in the list or the how-to's.  Being good with logic, average
with Python, and abeginning Zope programmer, where would I even start?

--Jerry
Zope 2.4.1

(     ) / History repeats itself,
          and that's one of the things that's wrong with history.  --Clarence Darrow